Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the UPrep (owned and operated by UPrep Learning India Pvt Ltd. (hereinafter “UPrep”)) content management platform -- consisting of web sites, services, software applications and networks -- that allows for the authorized upload, download, sharing and distribution of written digital content over the Internet (the “UPrep Platform”). Terms for “UPrep” and the “UPrep Platform” apply to any site or mobile application owned and operated by UPrep.
2. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the UPrep Services is void where prohibited. By using the UPrep Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the UPrep Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you violating any of these.
3. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the UPrep Services or are a Member. UPrep may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify UPrep immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Non-commercial Use by Users. The UPrep Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by UPrep. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the UPrep Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the UPrep Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the UPrep Services.
6. Proprietary Rights in Content on UPrep.
7. Content Posted.
a. UPrep may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of UPrep violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. UPrep assumes no responsibility for monitoring the UPrep Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time UPrep chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the UPrep Services, UPrep nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
b. You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the UPrep Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. UPrep does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by UPrep prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of UPrep. UPrep makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
7. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the UPrep Services. UPrep reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in UPrep's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the UPrep Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of UPrep:
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the UPrep Website and through your use of the UPrep Services. UPrep reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in UPrep's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
8. Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of UPrep to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to UPrep by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the UPrep Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at email@example.com, providing the following information: (i) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (ii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the UPrep Services; (iii) your address, telephone number, and email address; (iv) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
This website, UPrep.in (the “Site”), is owned and operated by UPrep Learning India Pvt Ltd. UPrep recognizes the importance of explaining our privacy policies to users of our Site and protecting the privacy of Personally Identifiable Information we obtain through the site. Please note that this Privacy Statement may be revised by UPrep from time to time, particularly to address changes in our business, the law or technology. If that happens, we will post the revised policy here. Revisions are effective upon posting and your continued use of this Site after the posting will be subject to the changed terms of the revisions.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND USE
We consider the following to be examples of Personally Identifiable Information but there may be others: your first and last name, email address, home address, phone number, date of birth, credit card information, and certain other information, such as a Social Security Number, if it is linked with your Personally Identifiable Information.
UPrep does not collect Personally Identifiable Information about a user, unless it is voluntarily provided to our Company and so that we can serve the user’s needs and our legitimate business purposes as stated here. For example, when the user sends us a message or makes an online purchase, we need to retain certain Personally Identifiable Information on this Site in order to respond. A user’s Personally Identifiable Information may also be used by our company to help us improve this Site, and for our company’s marketing and promotional purposes. The information will be treated confidentially within our company, as we protect other confidential information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
Users should be reminded that any Personally Identifiable Information that is voluntarily posted by a user to a public area(for example, a posting to a bulletin board or chat room) might be collected and used by others. We cannot prevent such uses.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
UPrep may use a third party service to collect anonymous visitor information like IP addresses, browser types (such as Internet Explorer or Netscape), referring pages, pages visited and time spent on a particular site. UPrep collects this information (1) for statistical analysis of web page traffic patterns; (2) to administer our Site and servers; (3) to allow for auditing of our services by some third parties who have that right; and (4) for internal purposes to make marketing decisions.
For “course management sites” that provide materials and services to instructors and students for purposes of specific courses or testing, the site may display the names, email addresses, grades and login names in instructor grade books and make them available to school administrators. Instructors can use student email addresses for communication with students regarding the course and administrators may store personal data generated by the course site tools for the purpose of maintaining educational records or other legitimate educational purposes.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO PARENTS, TEACHERS AND CHILDREN
PARENTS AND TEACHERS: We encourage parents, guardians and teachers to spend time with their Children (Children 12 and under) when their Children engage in the on-line activities on this Site. We will never request Personally Identifiable Information from a Child in any of our public postings areas. We do not require a Child to disclose more Personally Identifiable Information, than is reasonably necessary to participate in the on-line activity. No Personally Identifiable Information of children should be submitted to or posted on this Site by Children without the consent of their parent or guardian. We encourage parents to help us protect their Children’s privacy by instructing them never to provide Personally Identifiable Information on this Site or any other website without parental permission.
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from Children on this Site either directly or passively except when a Child may voluntarily submit such information through a “Contact Us” link on the Site or a public posting area on the Site, if such feature is available. If a Child e-mails us via a “Contact Us” link on any child-directed area of this Site and we can identify the sender as a Child, any Personally Identifiable Information submitted will only be used to respond on a one-time basis to such Child. In addition, if we have actual knowledge that a Child is sending or posting Personally Identifiable Information on any area of this Site, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personally Identifiable Information before it is made public. Please note that any online store that may be accessed from the Site is intended for parents, teachers and other adult purchasers over the age of 18 and requires the submission of Personally Identifiable Information to fulfill and service any transactions.
We may disclose a Child’s Personally Identifiable Information if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose a Child’s Personally Identifiable Information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM COOKIES
Our Site uses “cookies” to obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Site, Cookies are textual identifiers that our systems transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our Site to recognize your browser, and to optimize and sometimes customize your use of our Site. If you want to disable cookies, you can. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers and “add-on” programs will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. It is your choice, but cookies allow you to take full advantage of this Site’s features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
In connection with cookies we may use web beacons to track response rates to certain email communications that a user has opted to receive from us. If a user has registered with our Site, we may collect certain personal information in connection with the web beacon including the referring email address. This information is not shared with third parties.
UPrep reserves the right to monitor your use of the site to determine if you are complying with our terms and the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Site.
OBTAINING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have any concerns or questions about privacy on this Site, please Contact Us.